Monday, October 22, 2012

What happens when you fall off the "wagon."

I've been steadily losing weight - albeit slowly - for the last few months.  I haven't written daily, but maybe I should.  Even if its a quick 3-liner to talk about how I'm feeling, what's on my mind, etc.

Today I am back "on" the wagon.  I spent the weekend pretty much doing what I wanted which included eating M&Ms, cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory, bread at almost every meal or breaded/fried things, drinking beer and not exercising for one tiny second.  From Friday to Monday has been a free-for-all.

I feel AWFUL.

I know why.

So you may ask yourself, why do I do this to myself?  Honestly - its because I've lived my life with processed food, sugar, and since the age of 21, beer.  It's hard to just give it all up forever.  Many times I feel like food is no longer enjoyable.  I don't mean that literally - I still like to eat.  But if I want to eat something hearty and yummy, I have to do a LOT of prep.  No more popping round to the grocery for a rotisserie chicken.  Even too much sodium makes me feel icky these days.  Sometimes i just need to let go of my restrictions and live.  Then I pay the price, realize that its better in my gluten-free low-carb world and I go about my business.

So that's where I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment