Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A new exercise, A new book to read, I'm BACK!

There are many reasons why I haven't been writing.  I will bullet point a few in general terms so that we can move on to getting fixed by the time I turn 40 - I still have a few years and I *have made progress!


  • Time.  The last few years have been a blur, honestly.  Some huge life events, some important realizations, and a few major decisions that led me down a path that has been sending me "this was right" signals all over the place.  All positive - I will dedicate more single posts to these things and how/why I made the decisions that I did in the future.
  • Computer.  When I left my Biotech job to go back to academia, I surrendered my brand new company laptop.  I was left with my older (circa 2007) mac iBook which I thought would totally suffice.  It didn't.  I didn't want to write because my computer bogged me down.  But I have a shiny new computer!  Yay!
  • Fear.  Yep - I have been afraid to share too much detail of my life with you all.  I'm going to get over that and try to talk in general terms about what has been going on with me and what I've learned about myself that has lead me down my current path.  Have other bloggers had this fear of putting themselves out there?  Maybe.  I've heard some rumblings on the blog-o-sphere about it.

My friend wrote a book.  Her name is Michelle Ward (want to see her?) and she's the When I Grow Up Coach.  Her book is called "The Declaration of You" and according to the website:
Through a series of creative, colorful exercises — questions to get the wheels turning and an encouraging kick in the pants — you will get all the permission you crave to step passionately into your life, discover how you and your gifts are unique, and uncover what you are meant to do!

Doesn't that sound perfect for "Fixed by 40?"  I am so excited to share this with you guys and work through it!  Stay tuned.  And feel free to join me in connecting with Michelle and her co-author Jessica Swift (I have some of her art hanging in my daughter's room!) on facebook.  I know this read's like an ad and it kinda is cause I love Michelle, but it's also how I'm going to get back into sharing how I'm fixing myself.  We need to cover some pretty important topics including:

  • Why being a scientist isn't what I thought it would be.
  • Why I removed chemicals from my diet.
  • How getting older affects your outlook.
  • How to stop being a people-pleaser and seeking approval for everything I do.
  • How to detach from being a natural codependent.
We're gonna do that.  Buckle Up.

2 comments: