Monday, October 5, 2015

It's a week later and I've met him once.

My trainer, I mean. But I swear it was for a good reason. I haven't lifted weights in, literally, ten years. Anything makes me sore. I was supposed to go back Wednesday and I didn't because I was sore and I didn't want to end up hating it. I was going to go Thursday and I decided to go swimming with my daughter instead. Finally, it was Friday, and I was too busy at work to make it happen.

So there it is. I went once. BUT: I'm going again tomorrow, and I will make it twice this week come hell or high water. Once the first week, twice the second week, who knows what the third week will bring? :)

It's OK, you know. It's OK to go when I can and when I feel like it. This isn't about being skinny or getting crazy about being at the gym daily pumping the irons. It's about building muscle, getting strong, learning something new, and taking time for ME. I love that part.

Hold me to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment